Welcome to Lupin Diagnostics, the online portal of Lupin Healthcare Limited (“Lupin Healthcare”). The domain name www.lupindiagnostics.com (“Platform”) is owned and managed by Lupin Healthcare. Lupin Healthcare intends to provide healthcare packages/tests and other health related services at affordable rates (“Services”) to customers, persons, entities or anyone who visits, deals with, transacts and uses or is interested in availing one or more Services provided through the Platform (“Users”). Lupin Healthcare is a public limited company, incorporated and existing under the laws of India having our registered office at 3rd Floor, Kalpataru Inspire, Off Western Express Highway, Santacruz (East), Mumbai - 400055.
3. Nature of Personal Data and the Stages when the same will be collected
"Personal Data" shall mean any information that may be used to identify the User and includes but not limited to (i) first and last name with salutation, a home or other physical address and an email address or other contact information, whether at work or at home, (ii) age and gender (iii) correspondence address (iv) physical, physiological and mental health condition (v) sexual orientation (vi) Medical Records and History (vii) Biometric Information.
When a User accesses the Platform or avails any of the Services, the User may provide, or Lupin Healthcare may collect certain information in respect of the User. Instances and stages which results in collection of Personal Data is mentioned below:
- While booking a Service- The User may be asked to populate certain Personal Data while attempting to book a particular Service available on the Platform.
- While making payment- Upon proceeding ahead, the User will be redirected to a third party site (“Payment Gateway”) for making payment. The User will have the option to make payment in cash upon receiving the Service or by way of online payment through (authorized/ authentic) third party sites. The manner of booking the Service is covered in Terms and Conditions.
The User may update/ modify the information already provided on the Platform and while doing so the User may have to go through a verification process. This verification process will ensure that the Personal Data provided by the User is not misused by anyone. This will also ensure that the Personal Data of the User is safeguarded.
Once the User has transacted/ used the Service available on the Platform, the information shared thereof may be stored by the Platform to make it convenient for the User to book another Service through the Platform in future. The Personal Data shared by the User shall be retained upto two (2) years, post which the information shall be deleted from the Platform. User can collect the report from any of the Lupin Diagnostics centers.
- While browsing the Services-Even when a prospective User is browsing the Services of the Platform, certain information such as IP address of User’s server from where the Platform is being accessed, the type of browser, the operating system of User’s system may be stored in server logs. Such information is collected indirectly and automatically about User’s activities on the Platform by way of cookies. A cookie is a small amount of data that is stored in the User’s device after User browses a website. This information is collected to analyze trends, administer the site and track a User’s movement for aggregate use. Although this information is maintained distinctly but the same is not linked to Personal Data.
- Once the Service is availed by the User- Once the User has received the Service, a test report will be generated which will be stored in the Platform for a period of two (2) years, post which the same shall be deleted from the Platform. If required, User can also collect the test reports from any of the Lupin Diagnostics centers.
4. How Lupin Healthcare protects Personal Data of User’s
The Personal Data collected by Lupin Healthcare is used only for the purpose of providing the requisite Services to the User. The Platform is appropriately encrypted and there are adequate security measures to guard against unauthorized use. Lupin Healthcare maintains a strict "No-Spam" policy, which means that Lupin Healthcare does not intend to sell, rent or otherwise give User’s e-mail address to a third party without obtaining User’s prior consent.
Lupin Healthcare uses appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of Personal Data and restricts access of the same to Lupin Healthcare’s employee’s only on need-to-know basis. In case Lupin Healthcare comes across any User or third party, who has manipulated with the Personal Data stored in the Platform, then Lupin Healthcare shall be entitled to take appropriate action against such User or third party.
While booking the Service through the Platform, User is directed to approved Payment Gateways which are digitally encrypted, thereby providing the highest possible degree of care as per current technology. These Payment Gateways are not controlled and/or managed and/or monitored by Lupin Healthcare and hence Lupin Healthcare shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage caused to the User in this regard.
While User visits the Platform to view the Services provided therein, certain pop-up advertisements may appear on User’s Screen based on User’s activity on Internet. Lupin Healthcare does not play any role in the same and shall not be responsible for the said content.
6.1. General Provision- User shall not host, display, upload, modify, publish, transmit, store, update or share any information that: (i) belongs to another person or is defamatory or invasive of another's privacy ii) infringes any patent, trademark, copyright or other proprietary rights; iii) violates any law for the time being in force; iv) contains software virus (v) is patently false and untrue, and is written or published in any form, with the intent to mislead or harass a person, entity or agency for financial gain or to cause any injury to any person.
6.4. Waiver- Failure by Lupin Healthcare to exercise any right/ remedy available under the Terms shall not be waiver of such right or remedy.
6.5 Force Majeure- Lupin Healthcare shall endeavor to provide complete Services as booked by the User but failure to provide any Service due to Act of god such as fire, floods, acts of terrorism, weather, death, serious injury or other catastrophes, epidemics or quarantine restrictions, pandemics, lockdown imposed by the Government or any other local authority or other cause(s) beyond the reasonable control of Lupin Healthcare, not reasonably foreseeable, not caused by acts or omissions of Lupin Healthcare shall not make Lupin Healthcare responsible or liable for such failure.